SIDDC work falls into four portfolios: research, extension, education, and communication and includes:
- Developing the Lincoln University Dairy Farm as an industry leader with an aggressive approach to sustainable profits, productivity and best practice.
- Holding quarterly farm focus days to provide timely, accurate and challenging information to help decision-making for South Island dairy farmers.
- Undertaking advanced environmental monitoring.
- Driving research applications and uptake that benefit South Island dairy farmers.
- Helping establish commercial focus farms in other South Island regions.
- Supporting the Southland Demonstration Farm.
- Encouraging the study of agro-sciences in preparation for careers in dairying.
- Informing the wider community about the activities and innovations in dairying.
Identification of key roles to accelerate the progress of South Island dairying:
- An Executive Director commissioned to advance dairy farming with real benefits for South Island dairy farmers.
- Chair in Dairying Production at Lincoln University.
Find out what employment opportunities are available for rural professionals.